Some tickets on Tails' Redmine, currently assigned to you, seem to
require updating in order to:
- better reflect your plans
- bring down your amount of work-in-progress to a sustainable level
- encourage team work and increase the chances that someone finishes
Please log into https://redmine.tails.boum.org/ and read on.
1. Stalled work-in-progress
shows tickets assigned to you, with status "In Progress", that were
not updated since more than 6 months.
If this page is empty, skip to the next section. Otherwise, for each
ticket on that page you have a few options, such as:
- Deassign yourself. That's fine. If it really matters, someone else,
possibly you, may pick it up later.
Then, if the ticket is relevant for a Tails team, bring it to their
attention; else, forget it and take care of yourself :)
- If you think you can realistically come back to it and finish the
work in the next 6 months, say so on the ticket, for example by
setting a suitable "Target version".
This will communicate your plans to the rest of the project and
ensure the task pops up on your radar at a suitable time.
Of course, you can still realize later that it is not going to work
as planned, and revisit today's choice.
2. Reviews waiting for a long time
shows the reviews assigned to you, that have not been updated since 45
days or more.
If this page is empty, you can stop reading here.
Otherwise you have a few options, such as:
- Deassign yourself to make it clear that someone else can handle it.
- Set up whatever self-organizational tool works for you to ensure
you complete the review promptly.
the robot that avoids a human doing ticket triaging
and asking you the above questions on each such ticket